Chef Infra Client includes more than 150 built-in resources to manage files, packages, templates, and services. You can extend existing or create new resources via Custom Resources. These help you encapsulate logic so that the end-user does not need to worry about how to install or configure the application at a low level. Making it easier for the user to achieve their end goal, a working system.
Want to know more about how to create, test, document, and ship your Custom Resources?
We’re hosting a webinar tomorrow i.e. 19th May to talk to you about the basics of Custom Resources and its benefits. Our webinar hosts Dan Webb, a long-time Chef community contributor and Senior Developer Advocate at Chef will provide an overview of why and when to create Custom Resources for Chef Infra Client.
- Benefits of creating Custom Resources
- Walkthrough an existing Custom Resource
- Documenting Custom Resources
- Using library helpers for code reuse
- How to test a Custom Resource
Register for Webinar Series 01 (May 19th, 2021 | 8:30 AM PT)
Master specific Chef techniques and learn tips, tricks, and hacks to optimize your Chef Infrastructure Automation investment. Attend our three-part webinar series and get to know Chef Infra better and gain greater control over your IT infrastructure configurations. Check out the other sessions of Chef Infra Best Practice Quickfire Webinar Series:
- Learn Chef: Extending Chef Infra: Custom Resources
- Documents: Custom Resources
- Documents: Custom Resource DSL
- Ebook: Chef Infra Automation Best Practices User Guide
The post Webinar: Custom Resources the Building Blocks of your Cookbooks appeared first on Chef Blog.