In May, GitHub shipped a total of 20 new features. We love what we do, but we know it’s a lot to keep up with. So we’re trying something new on the GitHub Blog—a monthly recap of everything that shipped to Changelog in the past month. Check out some of the updates you might have missed.
You can now upload video (.mp4 and .mov ) across GitHub, including to issues, pull requests, and discussions.
Use video for demos! Use it for troubleshooting! Use it to demonstrate to all your colleagues why Tobey Maguire is the best Spiderman.
In “other news we’re excited about,” you can now sync an out of date branch of a fork from the web with only one click. (How will you use all your free time?)
- Hosted Ubuntu runners will only contain the latest patch release for each supported version of the .NET SDK
- Beta API to approve Actions from forks
- Brownout Notice: API Authentication via Query Parameters, and the OAuth Applications API for 12 hours
- GitHub Desktop 2.8.2 includes native builds for Apple silicon: You can now run GitHub Desktop natively on your M1 chips and take advantage of features like hiding whitespace, expanding diffs, and creating repository aliases.
- GitHub Discussions labels and announcements category format: Check out the demo video from @mishmanners to see some ways to use the labels and new category.
- Dark dimmed mode available on GitHub Docs: A month ago, we shipped dark mode to github.com, and now our documentation site has joined the dark side.
- GitHub Enterprise Server 3.1 is available as a release candidate: Spoiler alert! As of June 3, it’s now generally available! Check out the blog post for additional details.
- GitHub Enterprise Cloud self-service compliance reports have moved
- Restricting email notifications to an approved domain public beta
- We’ve added a copy button to all code blocks. Check it out below!
- Working with pull requests on GitHub Mobile is now much easier
- New filtering and metadata experience on GitHub Mobile
- Sync an out of date branch of a fork from the web
- New tools to discover and resolve pull request conversations (beta)
- Repository level notification controls for security alert: We’re implementing a change to the default notification settings for security alerts.
- Dependabot version updates can now ignore major/minor/patch releases
- Elm 0.18 deprecation in Dependabot Version Updates
- GitHub Advisory Database now includes Go advisories
- SSH authentication with security keys: Learn more about using security keys for SSH Git operations in the blog post.
Source: GitHub Old